Friday 28 February 2014

8 Reasons Why I Love Being A Bookworm

My love with books began as soon as I learnt how to read. It began with the short stories with a single sentence per page and blossomed to four-hundred paged novels. After years of reading as much as I can there are still thousands of good books I have to still read. Yet there are people who don’t like reading. Sometimes it’s because they can’t find a good book but most of the time it’s because they haven’t been convinced to start reading as a hobby instead of a chore. Hopefully those people will enjoy this post. And for the ones who love reading feel free to add any other points that I’ve left out.
1. Reading takes me to different worlds and allows me to do new things.

2.      Whilst I’m being entertained authors secretly teach me interesting things.

3.      Book plots and characters full my daydreams and keep me occupied when I’m bored.

4.      With almost every book I read I gain some general knowledge so when it’s time to play Trivia I can wow my opponents.

5.      Movies take years to come out but considering many are based on books reading helps me to know the ending before the movie is even released.

6.      My knowledge of books and characters come in as handy conversation starters.

7.      Unlike when I watch a movie I get to choose what all the characters look like.

8.      And lastly reading gives me hope, courage, faith and a chance to laugh all of which I need to live a happy life.

So those are some of my reasons why I’m willing to risk getting a paper cut just so I can finish a book. What are your reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment