Wednesday 9 December 2015

My Favourite TV Shows Of the Past Decade

Although I have always preferred reading over watching television, I have never stopped watching television entirely. This is purely because I have always had a favourite show that has driven me to put my book down for a few minutes and relax on the couch in front of the television.


The first of my list of favourite shows that I still remember is probably High Five. These shows included a lot of dancing, crafty activities and contained many bright colours. If I was particularly inspired, the afternoon after I’d watched the show I would attempt to imitate their craft time with my family.

I soon moved on to watching Scooby Doo. I watched every single of those intriguing episodes as well as all the movies associated with Scooby. Those mysteries were so much fun to see unravel I might rewatch them sometime.

When I got a little older I fell in love with Disney channel. There were many shows on this channel that filled my rainy days. I particularly loved The Suite Life of Zach and Cody - though I later preferred Suite Life on Deck – and Wizards of Waverly Place. By the time both of these shows’ final seasons had ended I knew their theme songs off by heart and had watched each episode at least three times.

After those two shows, I started watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Ty Pennington and his team always inspired me with their determination and the amount of skill that was required to recreate a house in 7 days. I also loved that the creation of this show was able to benefit so many lives.

My next favourite show was and still is, The Amazing Race. I find it so interesting to watch teams race around the world and complete hundreds of activities that they’ve never even heard of before. I like that the teams are able to grow throughout the race and overcome whatever obstacles that they find in their paths.


Do you still remember what your favourite television shows once were? If you do, why don’t you compile a list like I’ve done and then add to it every three years to see if your taste in television shows has changed drastically J I don’t think mine has changed that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment