Sunday 20 April 2014

Places to go, things to eat and activities to do in Cape Town

I've spent the last few days in the Mother City of South Africa, the home of one of the Seven Wonders of the world and the place where the Two Oceans Marathon recently took place. Cape Town.


So, I've compiled a short list of things to do if you're ever in this city. The first and most obvious activity is a trip up and down Table Mountain in the Cable Car. In order to ensure you don't spend your entire morning standing in queues for the 4 minute ride I suggest you book online. Once that's done you should be able to whizz through the only queue you have to wait in and then enter the Cable Car that will take you on an amazing, (even though it's short) journey. Another quick tip is to not hold on the handles because the floor rotates so you get a panoramic view. 

When we got to the top of the mountain my family and I went for a walk and took many photographs of the beautiful city below and the animals we saw, so don't forget your cameras!

The next thing I recommend is a trip to the Hout Bay Market. I can assure you that you won't regret it. There is a variety of food for you to choose from so whether you go at breakfast time or at lunch you will find something to eat that will make your taste buds sing. And that's not it, you get to weave your way through a variety of different stalls whilst listening to some music. Keep your eyes peeled for the unique features of the market such as the bathroom doors and tyre chairs.


There are many other places I would suggest you go to in Cape Town - such as the Aquarium, V & A waterfront and the Cape Town Eye - but if I had to write about all of them I would end up having finished a novella so instead I'm going to wish you all a Happy Easter and hope that you are having or have had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment