Sunday 8 June 2014

World Environment Day


So as most of you know the 5th of June was World Environment Day. I wanted to do something special but because I spent most of it at school and did homework when I got home I decided that I would rather do something on the closest Saturday (the 7th of June). 

When the sun rose on this day I got dressed in my informal school uniform and headed down to the Braamfontein Spruit with my mom and sister. There were many Brescia House School girls there and together we armed ourselves with rubber gloves, gumboots and dustbin bags and began to clean up all of the litter. I’m not going to lie and say that it was easy because it wasn’t. We waded through the river to rescue floating bottles or deodorant cans. We tugged and tugged at all sorts of objects, as we tried to free them from the river bed. All in all, we worked hard and managed to remove different parts of a printer, a carpet, a blanket, many cables, wire and lots of plastic bottles from the river.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did by being outside and participating in various activities to help clean up our environment. Remember, we are all mighty Eco Warriors and together we can make our world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment