Friday 21 July 2017

An Update

A lot can change in two years.

In my final year of high school I succumbed to the advice of those around me. I sentenced my creative being to the depths of my heart, so that my mind would not wander from the subjects I needed to master. But even as I fought the fledgling ideas that refused to be quietened, I never succeeded in hiding my creative side. This portal to my brain may have been silent though I never stopped writing. I have files of blog posts I wrote but never published, because of others’ words that I started repeating to myself.


I now know that ignoring my creative side because I had to “minimize the distractions” was counter-intuitive. I spent more time suppressing thoughts than it would have taken to ponder them. However, I have emerged from this time of reflection with more wisdom to share with the world. I hope you enjoyed my time of hibernation because now I’m back and ready to open the minds of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment