Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas

It's that time of year again. The Christmas trees are decorated and I've got mince pies in the microwave. Yup, this is officially my favourite month of the year. Not just because of all the celebrations but also because it's the time I get to thank everyone for what they have done for me throughout the year. So I'm just going to go right ahead and say it:

THANK YOU!!!

Since I'm not Santa and nor am I a billionaire giving you all a present wasn't the easiest task. So this year as my gift to you I've interviewed someone, a famous author.  Enjoy!!

Julia Golding is an author who has published many books; including the "Cat Royal" series, the "Darcie Lock" trilogy, "The Companions Quartet" series and many more.


Her website is:  http://www.juliagolding.co.uk


If someone asked you to describe yourself in one sentence, what would you say?

Once upon a time, there was a storyteller who lived in Oxford and couldn’t stop making up tales…

Personally, I love reading your books so I'd like to know what inspired you to write in the first place?

I always liked writing stories but having my own children proved to be the key to finishing a whole book so I would say they are the inspiration.

Is there a certain quote you live by?

God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. (Niebuhr)

If you weren't an author what would you be?

Miserable!

As you are a famous author, I'd like to know what advice you have for the young writers out there?

A good idea isn’t enough.  You need to learn how to sustain your writing over the length of the story, be it a short one or a full-length novel.  It isn’t easy but you can learn how to do this if you are serious.

Thank you Julia, and to everyone reading this: MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment