Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Once-In-A-Lifetime Opportunity


I love reading for many reasons. One of them is because when you read a book you are able to unlock someone else’s imagination and be whisked away on numerous adventures. Even though this is the same for when you listen to an audio-book I don’t enjoy it as much when I hear someone else tell the story. After all, when this is done I don’t get to hear the tale being told by my own voice (in my mind of course) and when I hear someone else describing the characters I actually find it harder to picture them.

However, when you don’t want to know a certain piece of information it’s easier to ignore it if it’s in writing partly because you can just close your eyes. But, if someone is telling you the information it may trickle passed your blocked ears and into your brain.

So, when I was invited to speak on Jacaranda FM I couldn’t refuse the opportunity. Especially since my voice would finally be able to reach the ears of hundreds of people; that thought alone should have put me under a lot of pressure. Yet, when I climbed up the stairs to the recording studio I felt lighter than a feather. Not an ounce of me was nervous even when I sat down and put the pair of headphones on. In fact, the only time I felt a little anxious was when Martin Bester asked me the first question. Because then I knew that I wasn’t stuck in a dream. My voice was actually being recorded as I shared my passion for rhinos with the rest of the province. And hopefully, after hearing my story they will accept my challenge and join me on the 4th of October for the Global March for Elephants, Rhinos and Lions.

Click here to listen to my interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment