Sunday 23 February 2014

Character Sketch

Everyone strives to be perfect at least once in their lives. It’s a tough goal to aspire to. So instead of giving up on this ideal I’ve decided to be the best me I can be.
After many hours of thought I’ve discovered the qualities that make us all successful. Get your bookmarks ready.

Katniss Everdeen:
One of the reasons why The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins has become so famous is because the characters are so relatable. Even though we’re not all fighting to the death we also face battles that we feel we have to win to survive. Through our fighting we learn so much about ourselves and we have the opportunity to ignite a flame of hope.

Peeta Mellark:
Another character from The Hunger Games who made hundreds of girls swoon. This wasn’t necessarily due to his handsome looks but rather because of his selfless acts. We need to be selfless and focus on helping others whilst on route to be the best we can be. In this way we will inspire others as well as meet amazing people.

Tris Prior:
The main character in the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth, we all have pieces of her in us. I think she is one of the bravest characters I’ve ever read about (besides Katniss). In order to cease new opportunities that could change our lives we need to be brave and determined just like her.

Hermione Granger:
This cute little girl filled with knowledge who grows into being a heroine is from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. She represents the inner genius who I know is inside every one of us. We just have to be confident enough to speak our minds and by doing that we’re taking a step towards our goals.

That’s why I love reading; because with every character I learn something new about myself and about the world around me. In this way authors around the world give us clues to living a more successful and a happier life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment