Wednesday 3 June 2015

Superheroes and Superpowers

We see superheroes everywhere except in real life. They’re the stars of our comic books, novels, movies and now television series. Little boys and girls have posters of them in their rooms and thus they spend hours wondering what kind of a superhero they would be if they got the choice.

Over the past few days I’ve been thinking about this question more and more. I contemplated how much help mind reading would be. Sure I would be able to know all the answers to the test if I studied my teacher’s brain, but at the same time I might learn information that I would rather not know; for instance, I would rather not know that my science teacher’s baby is suffering from diarrhoea.

So, with mind reading crossed off of my list there are still many other superpowers to choose from but not all of them would suit my personality. Because of this, I’ve had to forget about running at super speed, being able to fly or talk to animals or turn invisible.

After some serious thought and taking many personality quizzes, I have finally decided what my superpower would be:

Weather Control:

If I could control the weather I would ensure that Johannesburg experienced one snow day whilst I am still at school. This would create an uproar of excitement that would make all my peers forget about the cold. As soon as most of the snow has fallen I would arrange for the sun to come out so the selfies that would be taken would be frame worthy. On a more serious note, I seem to concentrate better when a soft drizzle blocks out the sound of working brains; so when I’m about to write my final maths exam of grade 11 I would make sure it was raining.

However, I would also be able to use this superpower to benefit everyone else in my community. For instance, I would ensure that the sun always shone when there was load shedding in the day so no one would have to worry about drying their wet clothes; and if there is no power at night I would electrocute the power network to generate extra power to supply the grids that were supposed to have load shedding. In my free time, I would create rain in areas where droughts have scarred the land. I would fly on the wind to stop tsunamis from haunting foreign countries. I would use the clouds as my eyes to scan the world for all the hiding villains, and when I find them I would raise my arm and release hail stones the size of cars or hit them with flaming lightning bolts. 

If I could create darkness whenever I wanted then why on earth would I need to be able to turn invisible? Why would I need super strength if I could control lightning?
This is definitely the superpower for me.


But, if that doesn't work I'd like to be telepathic:
www.pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment