Sunday 6 July 2014

FROZEN!

This week I have had the privilege of looking after little girls at my Church’s Holiday Club. It was an amazing but challenging experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Though I have to say I listened to “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” (from Frozen) at least twenty-three times, and I’m not even exaggerating. Yet, as the children asked me to play the song over and over again I started wondering why they loved it and the movie (that I also love) so much. 

So, why is Frozen such a great Disney movie?


1. It is one of the first animated, kids’ movies that teaches its viewers that they don’t need men to rescue them. This may seem like an arbitrary thing but it is actually very important especially in a society where women and girls are still fighting to be seen as equals to men.

2. The songs. I just have to say that the songs from Frozen were so catchy that the five, six, seven and eight year olds I was looking after were almost always humming one of their tunes. If I had to pick a favourite song I think I would pick “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” even after I’ve heard it so many times I could probably sing it backwards.

3. The animation in this movie was so exceptional that the characters look just like humans. That in the funny characters like Olaf made this film even more memorable.

4. The cool thing about this movie is that it has a plot-line that not only kids but most parents also enjoy.

If you haven’t watched this movie yet I really suggest you do because well if you don’t you will seriously be missing out.
www.hdwallpaper4all.com

No comments:

Post a Comment