Saturday 10 January 2015

Family Challenge

I have family on four different continents and thus it’s not very often that we’re all together for Christmas. So, last year my Grandmother came up with the idea of a Christmas Challenge. We gave my cousins a time limit and told them to create the best gingerbread house that they could. Thankfully, my sister and I had already built our one so we didn’t feel too pressured by the competition. However that was until we saw some of the finished products.

Before I show you two of the photographs I need to tell you something about my family. We’re all quite competitive and, we’re VERY creative which is why we all designed our very own kind of gingerbread house. The shapes varied from log cabins to lighthouses, some of them had working lights, others were sparkly but they are all equally inspiring.
The Australian Lighthouse


The judges voted the Australian Lighthouse as the winners, but I know that everyone who took part (including the bystanders who took the photos and suggested ways to improve our houses) thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and I’m sure we all will participate again next year. So, if you’re looking for something to do that will get the ENTIRE family involved I suggest you look at these photographs for inspiration. And, if you don’t want to make Gingerbread Houses you can have a sandcastle competition instead or maybe you could test who could build the biggest playing card tower.

Santa's Workshop









Now that you're armed with ideas to challenge your family with, I hope you choose one and get it underway soon. Please send me the photographs of your finished products - I'd love to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment